Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Monday, March 10, 2014

Good Day, Sunshine!

It's been about a year since I started blogging.  When I first began I wasn't sure what I was doing, and I didn't know if anyone would want to read what I had to say.  I just knew I wanted to belong to the community of teacher bloggers.  I had been following many blogs.  These teachers inspired and motivated me to be a better teacher.  I was just hoping I could do the same, even if it was just one person.  What I didn't know was how much I would L.O.V.E. blogging!  I love the friendships that have developed.  I love the support. And, I love giving the parents of my little ones a glimpse into the day of their child.  I never knew blogging could be so rewarding.  I am extremely honored and humbled that Kayla from Rooting for Third Grade nominated me for a sweet little blogging award.
{Thank you Kayla!}
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
{1} Post 11 random facts about yourself.
{2}  Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
{3} Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
{4} Make up 11 questions for your nominations to answer.
11 Random Facts About Me
{1}  I have two children I am extremely proud of:  My daughter teaches in Arizona and my son is in college and plays baseball.
{2}  I am the youngest of eight children.
{3}  I am double jointed.
{4}  I have taught from Preschool through 7th grade.
{5}  I was a Parent Educator in the Parents as Teachers program.
{6}  I have traveled to 49 states. 
{7}  I lived in Hawaii.
{8}  I lived in the Dominican Republic.
{9}  I lived in Canada.
{10}  Working outside in the yard is a passion of mine (I love planting flowers!)
{11}  I am slightly addicted to creating new materials to use in my classroom.
11 Questions From Kayla
{1} Decaf or caffeinated?   Definitely caffeinated!  What's the point of decaffeinated?  {ha!}
{2} Do you have a teacher Instagram account?  I do not have a teacher Instragram account, but that is one of my next goals.  :)
{3} What makes the level you teach/work at special to you?  I absolutely love the mind of a preschooler.  It's so fun to watch them figure out things.  They also give great hugs.  :)
{4} Where are you located and what’s the current whether like?  I am located in the mid-west.  The weather is currently cold, but it's a place where you can go from one extreme to another within 24 hours.
{5} You win a magical field trip to anywhere in the world with your students. Where do you go?  Hmmm, that one is hard because of their age.  With older students I would go to Europe.  There would be so much history to explore.  With the age range of my current teaching assignment, I think I would take them to Disney World.  It would be a magical place to them.
{6} Three words to describe your teaching style.  Structured, hands-on, and spontaneous 
{7} Subject you most enjoy teaching?  I love teaching little ones science and math concepts.
{8} If you weren't in education, what would be your alternate professional?  I have always joked I should have gone into sales instead of teaching, but I think running a nursery (a.k.a. green house) would be my dream job.
{9} What do you enjoy doing in your free time? What's free time? Ha!  I love hanging out with family and friends in my free time.  I also love creating new materials {see #11 above :) }
{10} Favorite teacher as a student?  My sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Arnote, was my favorite teacher.  She treated us like we were people instead of just students.  I'll never forget the way she connected with us.
{11} What's your go to snack?  Fruit is my go to snack!  I love fresh fruit.
11 Bloggers Who Bring Sunshine into the World!
{10}Camp Kindergarten
{11}Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds
Questions From Me
{1}What's your favorite subject/theme to teach?
{2}If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
{3}What's your favorite snack?
{4}What do you like to do in your free time?
{5}What person has been most influential to you?
{6}Where is your favorite vacation spot?
{7}How long have you been teaching and what grades/subjects have you taught?
{8}What is the most frustrating thing to you about teaching?
{9}What's the most rewarding thing to you about teaching?
{10} If you won the lottery what would you do with the money?
{11}If you had unlimited time what would you do more of?

Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)

1 comment: