Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, April 25, 2014

A Beachy Five for Friday & a Freebie!


This was the highlight of my week.  :)
This little sweetie was in my class last year, but her family moved out of the district. :(  {Teachers aren't supposed to have favorites, but this girl totally captured my heart}
Imagine my surprise to see her while out picking up a few items in an area I don't normally frequent.  I was thrilled beyond words.  I am not going to lose touch with her or her family again.
We began a beach theme this week.  One of the books we read was 'There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell'  My class loves all the old lady books.  Here are a few things we did to go along with this particular book.
 We colored and read a simpler version emergent reader to help us retell the story later at home.
We learned new vocabulary words.  For my younger students this helps with language skills.  My older pre-k's have to pick a different word everyday and try to write it in their journals, as well as work on their illustrating skills.  You can find these activities and many more in my 'Old Lady Who Swallowed a Shell Retelling Pack.  It's available at TpT and TN.
We also read 'There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed the Sea'.  This allowed us to compare and contrast the two stories.  We then glued pictures in a venn diagram to show what was the same and different in each story.
You can pick up your own copy of it HERE.
We also read 'Splish, Splat, Splat' and then put together this Splat creativity by listening to teacher given directions.  
They crack me up.

To go along with the beach theme, I introduced fractions.  Depending on the skill of my learner, they then put together these beach balls for Splat to hold.  
Of course with a beach theme you have to fish!
Each fish had a different activity written on each side.  This worked great for working on and following two step unrelated directions. They loved it!
What was your week like?  Link up and read lots of other blogs by going to Doodle Bugs Teaching!
Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)



1 comment: