Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Thursday, June 12, 2014

Throwback Thursday!

I am linking up with The Teaching Tribune for 'Throwback Thursday'.
Everyone participating this week is asked to blog about a single photo that shows themselves in the grade that they currently teach, as well as when they knew they were destined to be a teacher.  So, without further ado……………………
First, let me explain….I am the youngest of eight children, which means photos of me growing up are few and far between.  This photo was my kindergarten picture.  There wasn't one of me in pre-k, but that's ok, I bet I looked pretty close to this.  This picture hangs in my mom's house.  I had to take a picture of the picture.  :) One of the best things about having older sisters is that there was always one who would curl my hair.  I still remember my sister Edie pretty much getting me to do anything for her so she would curl my hair for picture day.  

I think I was destined to do some sort of job working with people.  I wanted to teach or be a social worker for as long as I remember. I come from a long line of family members who chose a career of working with children.  My dad was a teacher and three of my siblings are teachers.  I also have a sister who is a psych nurse for a children's residential facility.  

1 comment:

  1. Throwback Thursday sounds like a fun idea - and you were so adorable! You must have had a chaotic house, with 7 siblings. I was an only child and always wanted a big family like that!

    ReplyDelete