Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Meet the Teacher Linky!


Hi!  My name is Lola from Preschool Wonders.  In this photo (to the left of me) is my paraprofessional Valerie.  We are a team.  I love her.  :)

This will be my sixth year in my current reaching assignment.  I teach early childhood special ed along with Title One students in a blended classroom.  My students range in age from three to five years.  Prior to that, I have taught in self contained learning disabilities classroom, as well as being a parent educator for our district's Parents as Teachers program.  I am beginning my 25th year in the field of education.  This last gig of mine has by far been my favorite!

I have two grown children.  My daughter is 24 and lives and teaches high school English in Phoenix, Arizona.  My son is being his last year of college.  He also plays baseball.  This mama is extremely proud of her babies.  :)


A Few of My Favorite Things:  I love Sonic drinks, usually diet coke, diet cranberry limeade, or flavored iced tea.  I also love Starbucks, Target, Anthropologie, all kinds of music, creating products for school, flair pens, IKEA, bright colors, Capri Blue and Voluspa candles, and fun shoes!

If I Weren't a Teacher What Would I Want to Do?  I think I would like to try my hand in sales.  When I was younger I had NO interest in that what-so-ever.  However, as I have gotten older I have gained more confidence, as well as inter-personal skills.  I think I might enjoy it for a change of pace.

Three Little Words That Describe Me:  Sensitive, Compassionate, Social

Finish the Sentence, "_______________________, said no teacher ever!"
I rather do all the paperwork required in SPED instead of teach, said NO teacher EVER!"

Q:  It's your birthday and you can invite anyone to your party {dead or alive}, to the party.  Who would you invite?
That's a hard one!  I would invite all my family and friends from my past to the present.  For a little entertainment, I would also invite Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake.  They are both equally talented, but together they are unstoppable!

Q:  If someone wrote a book about your life, what would it be called?
"Coming Up for Air:  A Story of Survival"

Q:  You get to pick one superpower, what would it be?
I've often admired the freedom of birds, so maybe flying?  I also wouldn't mind being in two places at once!

Q:  What's your favorite quote or saying?
Q.  If you had to sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?
"Sort of" by Ingrid Michaelson

Q:  Are you a morning person or a night owl?
NIGHT OWL!  It's hard for me to turn off my brain at the end of the day.  I even wake up in the middle of the night with a perfect lesson/activity.  I keep a notebook and pen by my bed so I can jot it down.

Q.  What's your favorite resource you have created in your TpT shop?
I love my 'Sensational Science Fun' pack.  It was so fun to teach to my littles.  Watching their surprised, excited faces during our experiments/activities was priceless!

Share something we might know about you.
I am a sucker for anyone who makes me laugh!  I am naturally a happy person, so when I find someone who is hilarious it's like icing on the cake.  :)
Join Falling Into First: Meet the Teacher Linky to tell us all about yourself!

Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)



3 comments:

  1. It was so great getting to meet you Lola! You are a real sweetheart :D

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jimmy Fallon is a great choice. He cracks me up!

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin Timberlake seems to be a popular choice! Jimmy Fallon and JT really do make a great comedy team!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell
    That Fancy Blog Boutique

    ReplyDelete