Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Saturday, February 6, 2016

5 for Friday + Freebies!

 I can't wait to share my week, so let's get to it!  
Of course it's almost Valentine's Day, so I made this little freebie to share!  It goes along with the book 'The Day It Rained Hearts' by Felicia Bond.  There are picture cards that students can match the correct valentine to the friend Cornelia gave it to.  Just print, laminate, and cut apart.  For independent student work there is blank and white page where your little ones can do the same activity.  You Can grab it HERE or by clicking on the picture below.
While you're at it, follow my store by clicking on the green star to be notified when other freebies or products are listed.  New products are 50% off for the first 48 hours!
This week, we did a lot of sensory activities.  I froze heart shaped ice cubes and the little ones use pipettes and droppers to squeeze colored water onto their hearts.  They loved this, plus it's a great way to strengthen little fingers!
These two eventually started mixing primary colors to make secondary colors.  I love when natural learning through process takes place.  It's so cool to watch.
We also have water beads in our sensory table.  This is the most popular center choice, by far!  They can't get enough of these squishy beads.
One of the BEST things about my program moving to an elementary building is seeing what goes on in kindergarten.  This really has been a huge benefit to help me prepare my learners for the fall.  I saw this anchor chart on the wall and knew I needed to incorporate it into my class, as well.  It helps little ones understand how to make 10 using different number combinations.  Students start with one color coded number on the left and trace the arc around to find the same color number.  Those two numbers add up to 10.  I made a smaller version for each of my little ones to use.  Right now, I keep it in my 'number' drawer to use at circle time.  Once they get the hang of it, I will make another copy to keep in their fluency notebooks.  If you would like a free copy of the smaller version click HERE.
In preparation for passing out valentine's we made these frogs and bears that we will glue on the front of brown bags.  I find that for my age students, making the same thing at school is much easier than having students bring a decorated box from home.  Plus, these little cuties can double as an art project display until the day of our party.  I think I saw the original version of this some years ago on Kinder by Kim.  I ended up making smaller patterns to use on smaller bags.
Students chose between making a frog or a bear.  They are turned out so stinkin' cute!
 
Next week, we will hit the Valentine's theme and books hard.  I have some retelling packs and activities I have created over the years I will use.  They are available on TPT, if you are interested.  Click HERE to take you to my store, or click on the pictures below to take you to a specific product.
Thanks for reading!  
Be sure to check out more Five for Friday ideas over at Doodle Bugs Teaching.
Have a great day.  :)


1 comment:

  1. Helo Lola, It's lovely to catch up again and see what's been happening in your special classroom. I've also posted some freebies so it looks like we might be swapping a few ideas! Have a great weekend :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete